TOTAL CAD CALLS: 1256
1. Driving Under the Influence Checkpoint (1800-0200) Pacific Avenue and Robinhood Drive, Lake View District Traffic Officers conducted a DUI checkpoint pursuant to an Office of Traffic Safety Grant in the north bound lanes of Pacific Ave, south of Robinhood Dr. 915 cars passed through the checkpoint. No drivers were arrested for driving under of the influence. 2 subjects were evaluated for DUI and found to be under the .08 legal limit. 17 citations were issued and 3 vehicles were impounded.
2. Gun Arrest (1900) Harding Way and Airport Way, Park District Officers stopped the suspect for a traffic violation. A search of the vehicle was conducted and Officers recovered a loaded handgun. ARRESTED: Anthony Rivera 29, for weapons charges.
3. Armed Robbery (0015) San Juaquin and Webster Streets, Civic District The victim had just walked to her vehicle when the suspect vehicle parked near her. The two suspects approached her vehicle. Suspect 1 pointed a gun at the victim and demanded her property. The suspects took the victim’s property and fled in the suspect vehicle. SUSPECTS: Suspect 1 – Black male, 20-25, 5’-10”, thin build, scar on the left cheek, wearing a black puffy jacket and blue jeans. Suspect 2- Black male, 20-25, stocky build, wearing white shirt and blue jeans. SUSPECT VEHICLE: newer honda.
4. Assault with a Deadly Weapon (0036) 600 block of North Edison Street, Civic District The victim was walking home when the suspect grabbed the victim by her shirt and swung a box cutter at the victim. The victim ran away with the suspect chasing her with the box cutter. The victim was not injured. ARRESTED: Sonya Coilton, 57, for assault with a deadly weapon.
5. Battery on an Officer (0130) 3000 block of Scarlet Oak Drive, Bear Creek District Officers responded to a battery call. When they contacted the suspect, she appeared to be under the influence and pushed the Officer in the face. The suspect was taken to the ground and had to be placed in Safe Wrap. ARRESTED: Contrice Freeman, 41 for resisting arrest, battery on an officer and being under the influence.
6. Robbery Arrest (0430) 100 block of South El Dorado Street, Civic District The victim was approached by the suspect who asked for some money. The victim advised she couldn’t spare any money, so the suspect threatened the victim with a baseball bat and forced the victim to empty her pockets. The suspect took the victim’s property. Officers located the suspect and recovered all the victim’s property. ARRESTED: Lorenzo Holliman, 30 for robbery.